Obituary of Robert Kolodziej
Robert "Bob" Anthony Kolodziej died peacefully surrounded by his loving family on December 22, 2017 at Buffalo General Hospital. Robert was born February 9, 1957 in Niagara Falls, NY to the late Anthony and Ann (Yakam) Kolodziej. Robert attended local schools graduating from NFHS.
A veteran of the United States Air Force Bob was an expert mechanic serving as a crew chief aboard KC135 and EC135 refueling planes. Bob was employed locally by US Vanadium Stratcor as well as Lakes Pipe. Bob moved to Henderson NV for a short while and became an excellent casino dealer in Las Vegas.
Bob loved the outdoors and took daily bike rides along the Niagara Gorge and all the trails by the Falls. Bob also was an avid sportsman excelling in every game he ever played, basketball, baseball, golf, even bocce ball. But Bob treasured his family celebrations the most and was the coordinator of every family picnic, where, when and what games should be played. He loved a good summer picnic and it will be in future picnics where his void will be felt deepest.
Bob is survived by his loving wife of 40 years Nancy (Hiller) Kolodziej, son Robert E. Kolodziej (Teresa Slack) and daughter Carolyn M.(Robert) Kolodziej-Chuilli. Grandchildren Preston Kolodziej, Hunter Ohar, Wesley Kolodziej, Mya Ohar, and Madelyn Chuilli. He is also survived by his devoted brother Michael (Barb) Kolodziej and nieces Sarah (John) Signorelli and Kristen Kolodziej as well as numerous nieces, nephews and grand nieces and nephews. Bob is also survived by his lifelong and best friend Ray (Danielle) Espina as well as his beloved dog Penny who was his constant companion throughout the last difficult years.
Friends may call Saturday, December 30th from 11 AM-12 PM at GREATER NIAGARA FALLS CHURCH OF GOD, 2334 Lockport Road, Sanborn, NY., where memorial services will begin at 12:00 PM. Burial will take place at the convenience of the family. Arrangements entrusted to ZAJAC FUNERAL HOME INC.
Zajac Funeral HOme Inc. - a third generation funeral home That has been family owned and operated since 1949.