Obituary of Kenneth J. Gerg
Kenneth James Gerg, died on Monday, July 27, 2020. Born in Lewiston, NY on October 27, 1943, he was the son of the late James Arthur Gerg and Marjorie Louise (Jorgensen) Gerg; and loving husband of Dolores Marie Gerg who was by his side for 42 years. He resided in New York all his life, including Youngstown, Ravena, and most recently Niagara Falls. He was a graduate from Lewiston Porter High School and Art School. He worked as a draftsman, architect, created ads for businesses, and worked on the railroad for many years. He was also the driving force and designer behind the Niagara Falls Veterans Memorial. He served in the US Airforce during the Korean-Vietnam Conflict. He also served as the Commander of VFW Post 917 for twenty years. Survivors include 5 daughters, Nicole Keiper of Niagara Falls, NY, Kristine Gerg of Charlotte, NC, Kathie Gerg of Charlotte, NC, Katie Gerg of Medford, MA, Kim (Gerg) Lloyd of Latham, NY; eight grandchildren and three great-grandchildren; a sister, Karen Gerg of Sydney, Australia and several nieces and nephews. He was an avid golfer and played at Hyde Park where he had two hole in ones, one on his birthday. A Memorial Service will be held on Sunday, August 2nd, at 1 p.m. at VFW Post 917, 2435 Seneca Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ny 14305. Face covering and social distancing are required. Interment will be in the Dickersonville Cemetery, Lewiston, NY, at the convenience of the family. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in memory of Kenneth James Gerg to Niagara Hospice at www.niagarahospice.org/donation Arrangements entrusted to ZAJAC FUNERAL HOME INC. Visit zajacfuneralhomeinc.com for online condolencesTo send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Kenneth Gerg, please visit Tribute Store
Sunday, August 2, 2020
2435 Seneca Avenue
Niagara Falls, New York, United States
Located on North Side of Ridge Road (State Route 104), , 1/2 Mile West of Dickersonville
Lewiston, New York, United States
Zajac Funeral HOme Inc. - a third generation funeral home That has been family owned and operated since 1949.